Blog Archive

Friday, February 17, 2012

Advetist Remnant Doctrine

Lets examine what the SDA church believes for a minute.

in their book 27 fundamental doctrines  they clearly state that the remnant is the remaining ones or remnant. it also clearly states that  the Bible portrays the remnant as a small group of God's people who through calamities, wars, and apostasy remain loyal to God. They go on to say that scriptures says that those who are left are "those who follow the Lamb wherever He goes" Rev 14:4 the problem with this verse is that it is not a description of the whole church it is if you read the verse's that are around it a description of the 144,000.
"1 Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a sound from heaven like the roar of rushing waters and like a loud peal of thunder. The sound I heard was like that of harpists playing their harps. 3 And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. 4 These are those who did not defile themselves with women, for they remained virgins. They follow the Lamb wherever he goes. They were purchased from among mankind and offered as firstfruits to God and the Lamb. 5 No lie was found in their mouths; they are blameless."

I personally take issue with the Adventist church pushing that they are the remnant, I personally take issue with the Adventist church pushing this doctrine because it has alienated our fellow Christians.  I think that this doctrine must be changed and brought into line with what the Bible clearly says. The only possible explanation for the remnant is that they are the 144,000 that are alive and waiting for Jesus when he returns. I know that I will be attacked for my belief by the Adventist church, I already have been attacked but I no longer care, things have to change.

keep watching and waiting for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment