Blog Archive

Monday, September 2, 2013

A missonary Calling

Hello and may the grace of Jehovah be with you my friends. Welcome to one and all. I encourage each of you to take a deep breath and to relax. I honestly believe that we should feel like we are welcomed in the Yahweh’s Holy Sanctuary and that we should be able to find peace and joy.
            My question for us today is are we to witness to others? Several sermons that I have listened to over the years have laid a foundation for this and what we are going to attempt to do is to build a wall up onto that foundation!

Please turn with me to Matthew 28:18-20

Matthew 28:18-20
New International Version (NIV)
18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
These verses are in essence our marching orders! In the book Gospel Workers on Page 115 the writer Ellen Gould White says this;

            “The duke of Wellington was once present where a party of Christian men were discussing the possibility of success in missionary effort among the heathen. They appealed to the duke to say whether in his judgment such efforts were likely to prove a success commensurate to the cost. The old solder replied “Gentleman what are your marching orders? Success is not the question for you to discuss. If I read your orders aright, they run thus ‘Go ye into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature’ Gentleman, and I would add ladies to this, obey your marching orders!
            Ellen white also says in another place that we are to go in small groups of two to three people. I think this is because if we take too many with us we would overwhelm the person or persons that we are going to reach out to!
            Many churches are planning on a massive outreach program, and ladies and gentlemen I have to honestly say, that if we gain only one soul to His kingdom we will have won a battle and we will have succeeded in our task that is set before us. Amen? I want more than one person to come to know Him though and I think we all can pray for this! Amen?
Please turn w/ me to John 5:31-38
Testimonies About Jesus
31 “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. 32 There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.
33 “You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. 34 Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. 35 John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.
36 “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.
Back in verse 31 it clearly says that we are not to testify on our own behalf. We are to follow Christ’s example and testify on Jehovah’s behalf only. Amen? We are not to puff ourselves up, we are not to glorify ourselves, we are to point only to the one who was willing to come down and die for just us and my friends He would have come and done that if it was for only one soul!!
            In the past month to two months, I have had experiences where I have puffed my own self up thinking that I was going to do something very powerful for Jehovah, But each time that I have done this Jehovah has said No Reggie the message today is to be a learning experience for you alone or Jehovah has only allowed me to reach one to three people at a time. Jehovah is very slowly showing me that it is on a person by person case, not necessarily a whole group that we are to reach out to and draw unto Him.
Please turn with me to John 5:41-44
John 5:41-44
New International Version (NIV)
41 “I do not accept glory from human beings, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God[a]?
            I have to ask based on these verses should we as Christians be afraid of what people think of us? Should we submit to worldly peer pressure and fall asleep and lose our oil of the Holy Spirit and Ellen G. white also says that the oil also represents our character. My friends you cannot sell or give away your character it cannot be done! Let me so that your character can be changed by what you watch or listen to though. I believe that we are to go through a refining fire if we are to be able to grow up into the type of character that Jehovah would want us to be, Amen?
            We should also be very careful in accepting those who only come glorifying only themselves. I would also challenge each of us, even myself, to only search for the honor that comes from Jehovah, the type of honor that we cannot receive here on this very wicked world! Amen?
Please turn with me to Psalms 51:12-15
These verses I believe hold the very key that unlocks our ability our strength if you like, to be able to go out and witness.
Psalm 51:12-15
New International Version (NIV)
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
    and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
13 Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
    so that sinners will turn back to you.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
    you who are God my Savior,
    and my tongue will sing of your righteousness.
15 Open my lips, Lord,
    and my mouth will declare your praise
Lets examine these verses for a minute, especially the last one. Are you unable to speak out and praise Jehovah? Are you, as I once was, so very angry that only hate and anger flows out of you? Then I beg of you to as David did to be reminded of the very day of your salvation, to be reminded of how Jehovah and Jesus brought you out of the Land of darkness, how he rescued you out of the confusion of the world.
In closing, let us get out there and work for lost souls, the time is now, not later.

No comments:

Post a Comment