Blog Archive

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Frank's Story



The story I am about to share with you is someone else’s testimony, but in a major way it has affected my life and I hope that you will be able to see this.
            It was the year 1961. Frank had just graduated from Shendoah Valley Academy and was glad to go home to Perryville, MD. Like most 19 year olds and other young folks he loved to go out ingathering raising money for disaster relief and third world development.
            On the night of December 30, 1961, he was out with some friends doing this very thing. Unfortunately their car got a flat tire. Frank and his friend Jim got out to push the car off of the road. Suddenly another car speeding to escape from the police came out of nowhere and hit both Frank and Jim. Jim’s Legs were broken but Frank was tossed twenty five feet into the air.
            Frank ended up in the hospital. He was unconscious for seven months and was in the hospital for a total of thirteen months. Frank would not give up. He had to learn to talk again. He had to learn to walk again. The inside of his body was so torn up from the accident that they had to tie him together with stainless steel wire.
            Nearly one year later on October 20, 1962 Frank’s father and mother took him to church for the first time since the accident. Three days later He started walking with a walker. Only a few weeks later Frank went back out ingathering and together with his father he raised about seven hundred of the church’s humanitarian goal. On nights when it was snowing and only the bravest people would come out, Frank would call up and ask; “What time shall we be leaving”.
            Many of you may be wondering who this Frank is, well his name was Edward Frank Stevenson, my father! My father enjoyed telling his testimony to everyone he met. It was his testimony, his story. Because of my father’s example and also my mother’s example, I tell you today that I am a follower of Yahweh and a believer of our savior, Yeshau/ Jesus! Even though I can no longer thank either my father or my mother. I will clearly say that they are both responsible for teaching me to love Yeshua/Jesus!
            The message I wish to share with you today is that we should never get discouraged, never give up. We should not be resentful or bitter because something bad has happened to us. We must all press forward. Yeshau/Jesus coming is just around the corner. Look for it with Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment